Call Your Muncie IN Dentist in Case of a Dental Emergency
Call our office so we can instruct you how to proceed if you have a dental emergency. Act quickly in order to preserve a knock-out tooth or properly fix the damage that has been done to the mouth. Depending on the severity your treatment plan will vary with your dentist or at the hospital.
When you have a tooth knocked out, chipped, cracked or broken and there are no other injuries to the body or excessive bleeding, your dentist can set a time for you to come in.
Issues such as infections, swelling, and abscesses can cause serious damage if you delay getting treatment.
Cracked teeth can happen for a multitude of reasons, including:
- Grinding or clenching your jaw and teeth
- Eating hard foods or candies
- Using your teeth to open things or bite your nails
- An impact on the face
If your tooth falls out, please do the following:
- Rinse the tooth to remove any dirt or debris, do not scrub the tooth
- Preserve the tooth in a glass of milk, or if you can, gently put it back into the socket, or keep it in your mouth between your jaw and cheek
- Cover and apply pressure to the wound to control the bleeding
Contact your Muncie IN dentist as soon as possible or go to the emergency room, our office is here to help! Please call us at (765) 282-5655 if you have any questions or concerns.